Vice & Hunter LLP has been providing a broad range of services to local municipalities for over 40 years. We have excellent working relationships with municipalities throughout the Ottawa Valley and Eastern Ontario, and are trusted by over a dozen local municipalities to act as solicitors, to provide them with the specialized advice they require, and to represent them in all manner of disputes. We are familiar with the people and the processes involved, and with the needs and priorities of our municipality clients.
With our extensive experience in dealing with municipalities on behalf of developers, builders and property owners, we understand the motivations and interests of both sides of municipal issues. This helps us cut to the heart of the issue and focus on resolving what is actually in dispute.
Vice & Hunter LLP provides valuable, specialized services to local municipalities, including:
• Representation before all levels of court, including Provincial Offences Act prosecutions
• Representation before administrative tribunals, such as the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (formerly the Ontario Municipal Board) and Environmental Review Tribunal, and regulatory bodies
• Preparation of legal opinions on all manner of municipal issues
• Assistance with all manner of bidding and tendering issues and disputes
• Interpretation and drafting of municipal by-laws
• Drafting and negotiating municipal agreements
• Expropriations under the Expropriations Act
• Assistance with all manner of issues under the Municipal Act, 2001, Planning Act, and Building Code Act
Contact Vice & Hunter LLP
Municipal issues require municipal law experience and expertise. If you are a representative from a municipality in Eastern Ontario, call us at 613-701-0898 or 866-252-0670 toll-free or fill out our online form below.